Prawn, chorizo and tomato stew
A warming stew perfect for those cosy winter nights in.
Tags: weekend, Dinner Party, birthday
459 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
120g Spanish chorizo, casings removed, sliced
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 tin whole plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 bay leaves
Pinch of dried thyme
Pinch of dried oregano
450g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
100g kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
450g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- Spray a deep heavy bottomed pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat. Wait until Frylight is clear and then add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the chorizo and paprika and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring to combine. Add the chopped tomatoes, the bay leaves, thyme and oregano and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, 100ml of water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes
- Add the kale and cook until the potatoes and kale are tender, about 10 more minutes. Stir in the prawns and simmer just until they curl and turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and ladle the stew into bowls.