Roasted tomato, pepper and squash couscous
This dish is so versatile, it’s perfect to keep up your sleeve! Serve as a vegetarian main for dinner and eat cold the next day for lunch.
Tags: healthy, Alfresco, summer, vegetarian
276 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
Half a large butternut squash or 1 small one, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks
1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 large courgette, thickly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
12 cherry tomatoes
175g mushrooms, halved
25g pine nuts
210g tin of chickpeas, drained
450ml (3/4 pint) hot vegetable stock
Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the butternut, red and yellow peppers and courgette into a large roasting dish. Spray well with Frylight then add the cumin seeds, if using. Season and roast for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and pine nuts. Roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, put the couscous into a large heatproof bowl and add the stock and lemon zest. Cover and leave to swell for about 10 minutes, then fluff up with a fork.
- When the vegetables are ready, tip in to the couscous and add the chickpeas. Stir gently to combine, then share out, sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.