For a Chinese fix without a trip to the takeaway this Chilli Beef recipe is quick, simple and just as tasty.
Tags: weekend, takeaway, dinner party
585 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
300g beef steak, very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
50g mange tout
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
200ml sweet chilli stir-fry sauce
- In a bowl, combine the beef, cornflour and five spice and mix to coat the meat.
- Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat. Wait until Frylight is clear then fry the beef until brown and cooked to taste. Remove the cooked beef from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the mange-tout and baby corn in the microwave as per pack instructions.
- Spray the pan again with Frylight and add in the pepper and onion and fry for a couple of minutes. Remove from the pan and add to the beef mixture.
- Heat the sweet chilli sauce in the pan until hot and then tip in the beef, peppers and onion, mange-tout and sweetcorn and stir through.
- Serve the beef with rice or noodles of your choice.