An easy, one pot chicken curry with added vegetables that can be on the table in under an hour. Serve with cauliflower rice if looking for a low carb option.
Tags: weekend, curry night, family meal, healthy
204 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
ginger chopped to make 1 tbsp
2 red peppers, seeded and diced
chilli powder 1/2 tsp
ground coriander 1/2 tbsp
ground cumin 1/2 tbsp
medium curry powder 1/2 tbsp
4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g bag spinach
- Spray a large heavy bottomed pan with Frylight to cover the cooking surface. Put on a medium heat and wait until Frylight is clear. Add onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper to the pan and fry for a few minutes until starting to soften
- Add the chilli powder and spices to the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes until the chicken starts to brown. Stir in the chopped tomatoes. Half fill one of the tins with water and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir together. Leave to simmer on low with a lid on for 25 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir through. Place the lid back on and leave on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.